Data provided by the user: Collected information:
will be recorded by the system for building statistics. We will not utilize the information to build a profile of the user.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE:
We and our service providers may also automatically collect and use information in the following ways: Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Service through a mobile device. We use this information to ensure that the Service functions properly.
IP address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Service, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many online services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Service usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Service. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
• To facilitate a personal online interaction
• To record usage statistics about our services
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to our use of your personal information at the point of information collection. We may also use information from or about you as necessary to perform a contract, to comply with a legal obligation (for example, due to our pharmacovigilance obligations), or for our legitimate business interests. We may also rely on other legal bases, specifically for:
• Providing the functionality of the Service and fulfilling your requests.
• to provide the functionality of the Service to you and providing you with related customer service;
• to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or email alerts;
• to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Service, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
• Accomplishing our business purposes.
• for data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of the Service;
• for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
• for fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
• for developing new products and services;
• for enhancing, improving or modifying our website or products and services;
• for identifying Service usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Service are of most interest to users; and
• for determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
USE BY MINORS
The Service is not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through the Service. If your child has submitted Personal Information and you would like to request that such Personal Information be removed, please contact us as explained below under Contacting Us.
Your personal information will only be processed within the European Economic Area.